Concrete sleeper is a type of rail sleeper named in UK and Australasia, or railroad tie/railway tie/cross-tie named in North America; it is a rectangular support made of concrete for the rails in railway tracks. Especially used in highspeed railway line constructions, Generally railway sleepers transfer loads to the track ballast and sub-grade, hold the rails stable and keep them spaced to the correct gauge. Concrete sleepers produced by AGICO have long service life and very good longitudinal and lateral resistance in the ballast.
Concrete Sleeper Types:
According to application, concrete sleeper can be classified into (prestressed, pre-tension, post-tension, and two-block), Contact us if you are in need of buying concrete rail sleepers.
Concrete Sleeper Advantages and Disadvantages
- Better lateral stability to the track, large vertical and horizontal resistance
- Large rigidity, smoother bottom rail deflection, less dynamic gradient
- High elastic cushion ensures even orbital elasticity
- Can be produced on large quantities locally
- Corrosion resistant, long service life, durable with life range from 40-50 years, reduce maintenance costs
- Save wood, Avoid vermin and decay, suitable for all types of road conditions
Besides concrete sleeper advantages, it has disadvantages of irregularity, increased track additional power and higher requirements for lower elasticity of rails, can't be used for bridges and crossing for less sizes. The installation and transport is difficult for its heavy weight
Factors Considered in Design of Concrete Sleepers
- Forces acting on a sleeper
- Effects of the geometric form including shape, size, and weight
- Effect of the characteristics of fastenings used
- Provision of failure against derailments
Maintenance Performance Requirement for Concrete Sleeper
Concrete Sleepers must be suitable for efficient transportation on special rolling stock and be stable for stacking on rolling stock or on-site. Medium duty sleepers must also be suitable for installation by conventional track laying equipment of a type used for partial resleepering. For the purpose of track adjustment, rails must move freely on the rail seats. To achieve this, fastening systems must be able to be released for the adjustment and re-fastened on completion of the work.
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel free to contact us!