Tips for screw spike installation in railway sleepers
Why Installation of Screw Spike is Important
It is known that screw spikes are a type of railway fastener and play an important fastening role throughout the ballast structure, ensuring that the train can pass through safely. However, it is desirable to achieve a very strong effect by applying screw spikes, in addition to ensuring that screw spikes is acceptable and that it is properly installed. In order to make a comprehensive and detailed introduction of screw spikes, the main method for screw spike installation will be briefly explained.
Tips for Replacing Screw Spikes in Rail Sleepers
- Remove fasteners in rail sleeper, use a wrench to remove the nut, gusset plate, tie plate and small rubber rail pad, and store them in a proper place.
- back nails, when repairing nail holes or replacing screw spikes on the line, at least two sleepers must be separated to remove the spikes. Use a long shank wrench or a spanner wrench to remove the screw spikes. If the threaded spike is broken, burn the original sulfur anchor in the hole around the broken nail with a hot hollow hole or blower, and use a small iron spoon to take out the melt and the broken thread spike.
- Use two solid hot holes to clean the holes alternately, so that lower hole size becomes larger, and the nail holes are cleaned back to the original angle. Also take care to prevent the large rubber mat from burning out and, if necessary, move the large rubber mat to steel rail bottom.
- Seal the hole bottom with a thick knife and compact it. The effective depth of the nail hole is not less than 140-160mm. Melting sulfur.
- When the hole is punched, molten sulfur is uniformly injected into nail hole with a grouting spoon. It is not recommended to be too full.
- Install anchor frame and place anchor frame on the nail hole's top surface. So that the rear slope of iron seat is close to the rail shoulder of rail sleeper, and the left and right sides are aligned to control screw spike position.
- Fix the screw with bolts, grasp the screw, rotate it along the middle of the nail hole of anchor frame, insert it slowly and vertically, so that its square plate falls on anchor frame, and the nail bar is close to semicircular wall surface of anchor frame. When sulfur melts and solidifies, the anchor frame is removed.
- Repair the surface of nail hole, use a flat shovel to remove dissolved sulfur outside the overflow hole, make the tabletop clean, and pick up debris under the shovel and put it into the pot for repeated use.
- On the rail fastener system, apply oil to screw spikes, install small rubber pads, iron plates, spring washers, and tighten the nuts. When the nail hole or road nail is repaired with yellow wire in summer, the sulfur melt solidifies slowly due to high temperature of rail sleeper, and it is not suitable to fasten the fastener immediately.
This is only for the installation method of screw spikes. In this instruction included tips for fully exert the strength of screw spikes by properly installing and achieve good results. In addition, if you are interested in other aspects of railway fasteners, you can visit our company's official website for consultation. Our company will regularly summarize and release some information about screw spikes and other railway fasteners.
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel free to contact us!