Type IV clip rail fastener system
Type IV Elastic Clip Fastening System Details:
- Fastener Parts: The type IV elastic clip fastener system is a buckle system for a shoulderless track rail. The fastener system consists of a C4 rail clip (joint JA, JB elastic bar), a type IV embedded rail shoulder, an insulation gauge block, and rubber rail pad.
The type IV elastic clip fastener system is suitable for the laying of 60kg/m rails on high-speed railways, including:
- High-speed railway with a 350km/h speed rating with a mobile unit (maximum axle weight 170kN);
- The 250km/h speed grade high-speed railway with the mobile unit (maximum axle weight 170kN) can take into account a small number of ordinary passenger vehicles (the maximum axle weight of the locomotive is 230kN) and a small number of trucks (the maximum axle weight is 230kN).
IV Type Fastener Parts Mechanical Property:
- Each set of fasteners buckle pressure ≥ 20 kN;
- The longitudinal resistance of each fastener rail is greater than 9 kN;
- The fastener system shall not be damaged after 3 million load cycles, and the gauge length shall be less than 6 mm;
- The insulation resistance between two rails is greater than 3 Ω•km, and meets the insulation resistance requirements of the track circuit;
- System elasticity: The static stiffness of the rubber cushion is 60 kN/mm (±10 kN/mm)
- After the 300 h salt spray test described in EN 13146-6, the fasteners can be dismantled with manual removal tools;
- Left and right position adjustment of single-strand rail: -4 ~ +2 mm, gauge adjustment: -8 ~ +4 mm;
- The pull-out force of the embedded iron seat should not be less than 60 kN.
Type IV Elastic Clip Fastener Introduction:
Type IV clip fasteners are boltless shoulderless fasteners for 60 kg/m steel rails. The elastic clip type IV fastener system is designed to meet the operating conditions of the passenger dedicated line and is based on the line conditions of a ballasted track with prestressed concrete shoulderless pillows, and is designed according to the “Provisional Technical Conditions for the Passenger Dedicated Line Fastener System”.
The shoulderless bolt fastening system is based on the type III fastener system of the original elastic bar after many years of in-depth research and optimization of a large number of test improvements. The Type IV elastic rail clip fastening system are optimized and improved in 4 aspects:
- The structure of the elastic strip is further optimized, its working stress is reduced, and the residual deformation is reduced;
- The physical properties of the rubber cushion adopt UIC standards to meet international standards. ;
- In order to achieve precise adjustment of the track gauge, the insulation gauge block number is configured at a 1mm level;
- higher requirements are placed on the manufacturing acceptance of components.
Features of Type IV Elastic Clip Rail Fastening System
Fastening System Parts
The fastener system consists of a C4 elastic strip, an insulating gauge block, a rubber rail pad, and a pre-embedded rail tie plate that is positioned on a prestressed concrete shoulderless sleeper. JA, JB clips and joint insulated gauge blocks are used at the rail joints.
As with type III elastic clip fastener system is a boltless fastener system and is an elastic non-detachable fastener without concrete shoulders. It has the advantages of less parts, compact structure, high buckle pressure, strong track gauge capability, low maintenance workload, etc. It is especially suitable for railway line with large-scale mechanical operation. Its main structural features are as follows:
a) Pre-embedded iron plates are embedded in the concrete sleepers. The elastic clips are pressed into steel rails by inserting embedded iron seats without bolts.
b) An insulated gauge block is installed between the embedded iron seat shoulder and the rail to adjust the gauge and to perform insulation. The rail left and right positions can be adjusted by replacing different numbers of insulated gauge blocks.
c) Rubber cushions between the rails and the concrete track sleepers provide insulation cushioning and damping.
d) The fastener system is used in conjunction with prestressed concrete rail sleepers without shoulder. The elastic clip type of IV fastener structure can be installed on the original type IIIb prestressed concrete sleeper.
Supporting sleeper interface technical requirements
The technical requirements of the fastener system on the sleeper interface are mainly the type size of the bearing groove and the embedded position and accuracy of the embedded iron tie plate in the sleeper, and it is matched with the existing IIIb type non-blocking prestressed concrete sleeper.
Type IV Elastic Clip Fastening System Specification:
|Fastener type||Elastic IV type fastener|
|Taxonomy||Elasticity is not separated|
|Withstand lateral forces||Sustained by the embedded iron seat|
|With the basic connection method||Embedded iron seat|
|Embedded part pull-out resistance||Not less than 60kN|
|Rail Clip||Types||Type C4|
|Buckle pressure||>11 kN|
|Stretch range||13 mm|
|Fastening method||None bolt fastening|
|Rail longitudinal resistance||>9 kN|
|Elastic cushion||Settings||Single-layer rubber pad between rail and sleeper bearing surface|
|Static stiffness||50～70 kN/mm|
|Executive standard||Technology Foundation  207|
|Rail height||Rail height||186mm|
|Adjustment method||Replacing different numbers Track blocks|
|Adjustment level||1 mm|
|Rail joint processing||Using joint bars and gauge blocks|
|Applicable sleeper type||IIIb type non-blocking concrete pillow|
|Drawing number and standard||Research Line 0601 Technology Foundation  207|
|Application conditions||250 to 350 km/h|
|Conventional resistance section|
Clip V Rail Fastening System Specification:
|Elastic IV type fastener||Clip V-shaped fastener|
|1||Adapt to rail types||China 60 kg/m rails|
|3||Rail slope||Set a 1:40 rail slope on the sleeper.|
|4||Rail longitudinal resistance||Each set of fasteners is greater than 9 kN.||In general, each group of fasteners is larger than 9 kN; in small resistance areas, each group of fasteners is approximately 4 kN.|
|5||Systematic flexibility||The static stiffness of the rubber pad under the rail is 60±10kN/mm; the dynamic stiffness ratio is not more than 2.0.|
|6||Fatigue performance||The fastener system is tested according to EN 13146-4. After 3 million cycles of the load, all parts are not damaged, the gauge length is less than 6 mm, and the buckle pressure, longitudinal resistance of the rail and the static stiffness of the joint meet the following requirements: buckle pressure change ≤ 20%; variation in rail longitudinal resistance ≤ 20%; change in static stiffness of joint ≤ 25%.|
|7||Insulation resistance||The fastener system is tested according to EN 13146-5, the insulation resistance between the two rails is greater than 3 Ω·km, and meets the insulation resistance requirements of the track circuit.|
|8||Harsh environmental conditions||After the fastener system has passed the 300 h salt spray test described in EN 13146-6, it can be disassembled with a manual disassembly tool.|
|9||Rail left and right position adjustment||The left and right position adjustments of the single rail: -4 to +2 mm; The gauge adjustment: -8 to +4 mm, the adjustment level is 1 mm.|
|10||Rail height adjustment||Cannot adjust||Rail height adjustment amount: 10 mm;|
|11||Buckle pressure and elastic range||The pressure of a single spring bar is not less than 11 kN and the span is 13 mm.||The commonly used elastic buckle pressure is greater than 10 kN, and the span is 12 mm; the small resistance bar buckle pressure is 4.5 kN and the span is 9.5 mm.|
|12||Embedded part pull-out resistance||The pull-out force of the embedded iron seat in the sleeper is not less than 60 kN.||The pull-out force of the pre-embedded casing in the sleeper is not less than 60 kN.|
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel free to contact us!